HBR Consulting LLC provides strategic, technology and operational services to clients in the legal, professional and financial services industries. Our consultants are a highly talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of core consulting experience across a number of industries and disciplines along with specialized skills in their respective areas of expertise. Our employees are our greatest competitive advantage.
HBR Consulting is looking to grow its consulting team with the addition of a Senior Information Technology Consultant. This position is part of a team that provides a wide range of services to our clients including technology planning, assessment, design, implementation and project management.
We are seeking someone who has excellent teaming and communication skills combined with energy, drive and passion. It is important for this individual to thrive in situations that require complex problem-solving, be flexible with respect to work hours and travel, and versatile enough as a communicator to interact comfortably with people at all levels within our clients’ organizations. The Senior Information Technology Consultant is responsible for the planning, execution and management of technical projects.
- Develop in depth knowledge of client business and technology requests, priorities and impacts.
- Consult with clients on a variety of engagements including:
- Technology assessments
- Technology planning and roadmap development
- IT staffing and operations reviews, planning and development
- System design and implementation
- Data Center and disaster recovery strategy and implementation
- Project Management of the above and related IT initiatives
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3-5 + years’ experience in a technology consulting, Project Management and/or technology services role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; PMP certification a plus
- Strong project management skills with experience coordinating both onsite and remote teams, process development, reporting and documentation.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and techniques used in the Legal Practice a plus
- Technical expertise with some of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (Active Directory, Exchange, Lync and SharePoint)
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Platforms; Virtual desktop environments
- Data Center Virtualization Platforms (VMware)
- Data Storage Technologies, Data Backup, Disaster Recovery
- Enterprise Networking (LAN/WAN)
- PC and Application Deployment/Management; Deployment/User scheduling/Deployment process coordination; Disaster Recovery, etc
- Articulate advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to clients, peers and management at various levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Experience with systems commonly found in professional services/law firm environments including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Tools, Microsoft Lync, iManage WorkSite, DocAuto tools, Workshare tools, time entry
- Have permanent US work authorization
- Ability to work effectively with clients, colleagues and support staff
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. up to 50%