HBR Consulting is seeking a Manager to join their Strategic Sourcing and Business Optimization (SSBO) Practice. The SSBO practice leverages proven methodologies to assist clients in reducing costs across a variety of areas, optimizing business processes and improving stakeholder value.
Specific responsibilities for the Manager role will evolve and encompass a broad scope of duties, but generally include the following:
- Support and manage all aspects of sourcing projects, including guiding internal resources, facilitating requirements, gathering and conducting data analysis and research, training and mentoring junior team members and implementing the identified opportunities directly alongside client senior management.
- Support engagement financials, practice operations as well as business development and proposal efforts.
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs, evaluating and validating analysis.
- Develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement and implementing change while minimizing organizational disruption.
- Work directly with client management and executives on a routine basis on status as it pertains to sourcing engagement progression.
Education + Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Supply Chain or Management Information Systems required.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in industry or consulting team-oriented environment with a focus on strategic sourcing, process improvement, project management and/or financial analysis required.
- MBA and / or PMP (or similar certifications) highly desirable.
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical business issues.
- Exceptional analytic skills and experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Exceptional business acumen, presence and interpersonal / communication skills.
- Live in or be willing to relocate to Chicago.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization.
- Willingness to travel depending on client assignments (0-40%).