HBR Consulting is seeking a Manager for its Law Department Consulting Practice. Specifically, we are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual to assist our corporate legal department clients in selecting and implementing new processes and systems. The focus of these implementations encompasses business process redesign, data conversion, systems analysis and design, testing, and implementation.
Specific applications may include document management, financial management, matter management, e-billing, records management, Outside Counsel management and discovery management. This individual will also provide benchmarking and best practices expertise to our clients by analyzing client legal department and law firm organization structure, technology and processes with peer departments and industry best practices.
This Manager role will provide leadership on client engagements and is responsible for maintaining day-to-day client interactions, delivering high quality client deliverables, project management, budget management and supervising and developing junior staff.
- Work with client personnel to structure a mutually agreed upon project plan
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and process efficiencies
- Serve as the day-to-day leader on engagements, including developing team members
- Work closely with team members and client personnel to review findings and help support implementation of recommendations
- Support internal practice initiatives such as developing new revenue channels, contributing to other internal practice initiatives, proposals, recruiting, and external marketing efforts and thought leadership
- Demonstrate industry/practice expertise and consulting capabilities
- Implement proven solutions for recognized problems
- Understand and speak to the capabilities of HBR including key products and service offerings
Education + Experience Requirements
- BA, BBA or BS in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Economics, Accounting or Finance preferred
- MBA or JD preferred, but not required
- 5-8 years’ experience in a combination of the following:
– Big 4 or similar consulting environment
– Law department and law firm systems: document management, financial management, matter management, e-billing, and records management
– Law department or law firm operations
– Systems implementation focused on process improvement
– Systems selection
– Outside counsel management
– Benchmarking and data analysis
– Legal resource optimization
- Requires 50-70% travel