HBR Consulting is currently seeking a Contract Specialist to join their Chicago or New York office.
By providing strategic, technology and operational services to clients in the legal, professional and financial services industries, our Contract Specialists are a highly talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of analytical and procurement experience across several industries and disciplines. Our employees are our greatest competitive advantage. The Strategic Sourcing & Business Optimization (SSBO) team assists clients in procuring goods and services, reducing costs across a variety of areas, optimizing business processes and improving stakeholder value.
As a part of HBR Consulting’s SSBO Procurement Solutions team, we will rely on you to work closely with project team members and client personnel, facilitating the review of all contracts. We look to you both to mitigate risk and create value by developing contract that meet or exceed the needs of our clients.
- Manage administration of contracts through the ability to track, analyze, aggregate, and report necessary information.
- This includes: Key milestones, incentives, notifications, commencement and expiration dates of agreements, support contact information, and collecting information to determine the Firm’s needs before negotiations.
- Redline and edit contract language, suggest alternate terms based on the needs of the engagement/stakeholder, as needed.
- Assist with first level legal review to ensure key terms and conditions are incorporated and liaise with in-house legal counsel in the review and final approval of initial contracts and renewals.
- Engage with department leaders to discuss upcoming contract renewals.
- Contribute to negotiations as liaison between internal and external personnel including in discussions on key contract terms, conditions, and pricing as required.
- Gather all contracts and accurately enter them into a contract repository system (includes updates).
- Determine key contract terms and conditions and communicate pertinent information in the Terms and Conditions of each contract to appropriate end users.
- Act as key point of contact for any questions / needs regarding contracts.
- Develop and administer standard agreement templates including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Standard contracts, and Statements of Work.
- Support Vendor Governance process including onboarding, relationship management and off-boarding of vendors
- Maintain and facilitate proactive planning and contract management meetings with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to interpret complex policies and legal language and effectively communicate to internal parties
- Good human relations skills and ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) with managers, internal clients, vendors, colleagues and support staff
- Demonstrates proactivity and takes ownership of daily responsibilities and projects
- Effective organizational skills in a multitasked environment
- Sourcing experience a plus
- Extremely responsive and customer-focused; appropriate follow-up and follow-through vendor management skills
- Ability to analyze data and recommend courses of action
- Commitment to superior quality and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal / teamwork skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
Education / Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (Preferred) in Business or commensurate experience
- 3+ years’ work experience in a professional service organization and related experience in contract development, redlining, legal terms review, negotiations, contract management