Consultant, Records Management (RM)
HBR Consulting is seeking an IRM Consultant with a strong background in records management software.
The IRM Consultant will join a strong, successful team focused on key law firm data security, document management and risk management technologies. Consulting background is preferred, as well as experience with law firms and legal-specific technologies.
As part of a collegial, experienced and collaborative team of consultants, this role will oversee and carry out:
- Technical implementation of records systems – software installation and configuration.
- Data loading and migration – extract data from legacy RM systems and sources and load into RM platform.
- Troubleshooting – prioritize and resolve implementation issues and assist clients in resolving production issues.
- Strong writing, time management and communication skills.
- iManage Govern Records Manager.
Education and Experience Required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Have permanent U.S. work authorization.
- Extensive background writing T-SQL code and solving business problems related to data.
- A working knowledge of MS SQL’s XML capabilities.
- Experience developing solutions with C#.
- Experience migrating data between systems (financial, line of business, etc.).
- Knowledge of records management terminology and processes at law firms is a plus.
- Familiarity with iManage’s Govern Records Manager (IRM) platform specifically, and / or familiarity with other law firm records management technologies and practice a major plus.
- Practical experience migrating data out of a number of primary legacy RM systems such as LegalKEY and Autonomy Records Manager (ARM f/k/a FileSurf), as well as secondary products such as Elite Records Manager and Aderant / CMS Records Manager.
- Good / practical technical judgment and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a manner appropriate for the intended audience.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Average travel – one week per month is typical. Need to be able to travel more often as client specifics may require
- Open to variety of US locations. Headquartered in Chicago, also with an office in New York
- Work from home is available if not in a city where HBR has an office