HBR Consulting is seeking a Consultant, Document Management Solutions to help drive the growth of its newly created and rapidly growing Law Firm Advisory (LFA) team.
Consultants within the LFA team play an integral role supporting new and existing LFA clients. This position offers many exciting opportunities to contribute to and enhance our document management / data integration practice focused on delivering document and content management solutions. We have the capability to extend document management, search, portal and records management technologies to satisfy the demanding retention, productivity and compliance needs of an information economy.
There is never a typical day on the LFA team. As part of a collegial, experienced and collaborative team, consultants are constantly adapting to meet client and business needs. Daily responsibilities may include the following:
- Support both existing and new clients with the design and implementation of DMS systems and matter lifecycle implementations and deployments.
- Evaluate existing systems and develop recommendations for existing design and implementation methodologies.
- Collaborate with clients and facilitate the management of client expectations by proactively managing client communications and expectations throughout the entire implementation process to ensure client satisfaction in partnership with your team.
- Coordinate and prioritize project tasks, manage timelines, create and maintain detailed project plans and communicate status to client stakeholders throughout the entire implementation process.
- Confer with team to establish project plan and to assign duties, responsibilities within scope of authority.
- Participate in team meetings to review status of project and upcoming deliverables / milestones.
- Collaborate with team to creatively solve problems and brainstorm solutions.
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects; shares findings with team.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required.
- 5+ years of relevant workplace experience.
- Have permanent U.S. work authorization.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with a solid understanding of project management methodology.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to successfully prioritize multiple responsibilities for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Legal Industry experience including knowledge of risk management issues.
- Experience with complex, large-scale implementations and deployments and in the integration of desktop applications with document management systems.
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems (WorkSite 8.5 and 9.x).
- Knowledge and / or experience with Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint and SQL.
- Familiarity with enterprise information governance principles and processes.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access (or similar relational database program).
- Willingness to travel depending on client assignments (0-40%).