- This event has passed.
May 14 - May 16
HBR is proud to be sponsoring the 2018 Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC) Institute. HBR thought leaders will be sharing their insights at the sessions below.
Assessing and advancing your department’s maturity shouldn’t be a gamble. This interactive session combines dynamic technology with expert guidance to assess your department’s position on the CLOC Legal Operations Maturity continuum and develop a customized roadmap tailored to help you advance to the next level. It’s a sure bet!
Here’s how to play and win:
- Check your cards – Answer some questions about your department (without showing the other “players”).
- Play your hand – Are your cards a winner? Our automated platform will let you know how you stack up.
- Double down – Learn from industry experts how law departments of similar maturity can advance to the next level.
- Collect the payout – Leave with a custom-tailored roadmap, dynamically created for your individual department. It’s like winning the jackpot!
Money Talks: Global Legal Matter Budgets
Wednesday, May 15 | 4:20 – 5:10 p.m. | Raphael 1 & 2
The decision of whether to outsource your legal support needs in an important one. Learn about best practices for establishing, maintaining and scaling a service partner relationship from the industry experts and thought leaders.
Organizations of any size will benefit from the following:
- Best practices for how to evaluate your vendor needs
- Various outsourced service offerings
- Best practices for maintaining and measuring the success of vendor team
- Customer success story highlighting benefits of outsourced legal services
Legal Operations Maturity Model : The Right Way to Level Up (General)
Thursday, May 16 | 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. | Monet 3 & 4
Kevin Clem, Lisa Konie and Pratik Patel
Developing a strong legal operations function is critical to optimizing the performance and efficiency of any legal department. But that begs the question: what does a strong legal operations function look like? How many people, if any, should be on your legal ops team? What levels of experience should they have? To whom should they report? And what should legal ops be doing–and in what order–to optimize performance and drive efficiency?
In this session, Pratik Patel of Elevate Services, Kevin Clem of HBR Consulting, and Lisa Konie of Adobe Inc. will walk attendees through the organizational requirements and focus areas critical to creating and developing a best in-class legal ops function. The session will focus on CLOC’s list of Legal Operations Core Competencies (found at http://cloc.org/what-is-legal-operations/), identifying what maturity in each area should look like, to offer a roadmap to success.
Connect with us at CLOC 2019 and demo HBR’s CounselCommand, the only expert-led, tech-enabled legal analytics solution trusted by global Fortune 1000 law departments. Schedule an onsite demo with an HBR expert throughout the duration of CLOC in our hospitality suite or stop by Booth 12 to network with HBR thought leaders. We hope to see you there!