Chief Executive Officer
Nick serves as chief executive officer of HBR Consulting (HBR). He oversees and drives strategic planning and works closely with practice group leaders, the leadership team and operations to align services with broader strategic objectives. He also leads all business development, sales and go-to-market activities.
Recognized as a thought leader, Nick has 20 years of experience collaborating with clients on strategic sourcing, procurement and process improvement engagements. Nick regularly conducts industry briefings for law firm leaders to share insights on how developing trends from within corporate law departments are influencing future law firm operations and strategies.
Always focused on client needs, Nick was the driving force in the creation of Legal Lab, a premier event that provides law firm and corporate law department leaders a unique opportunity to collaborate and share ideas on how to pursue innovation and drive change within the industry.
Prior to co-founding HBR, Nick was instrumental in the development of Huron Consulting Group’s legal consulting practice.
Nick serves as a member of the Business Advisory Council at Miami University. Outside of work, Nick enjoys spending time with his wife and trying to keep up with his four children and their numerous extracurricular activities.
Latest from Nicholas Quil
- HBR Vantage Points Episode 3: Law Firm Investment Priorities for the Future
- Law Firm, Know Thyself
- Accelerating Change in the Legal Ecosystem: Sustaining this Moment to Differentiate
- On the Cusp of the Next Decade: A Look Forward and Back
- Growth and Gratitude: HBR Recognized as One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Preparing for the Next Economic Cycle: Why Law Firms Are Looking to Centers of Excellence to Increase Operational Efficiency
- New Roles at HBR to Enhance Client Collaboration and Alignment
- The Edge Effect of the Legal Ecosystem: Alignment Will Be the Catalyst for Successful Evolution
- Boats Against the Current: The Rise of Law Firm Operations Leaders
- To Win Corporate Business, Law Firms Must Increase Transparency and Efficiencies
- Legal Lab: With Change Comes Opportunity
- Innovation Isn’t Just for Startups – How Traditional Law Firms Can Embrace Change
- Legal Lab: Accelerating the Pace of Change Across the Legal Vertical