President, Managed Services
Matt serves as president of the Managed Services business for HBR Consulting (HBR). He is responsible for the strategy and delivery of HBR’s IT Managed Services business, serving the full spectrum of law firms’ global IT needs. Matt has over 20 years of experience in the legal technology services and software domains, focusing on business development, marketing, account management and product management.
Prior to joining HBR, Matt was president of Neota Logic, an artificial intelligence platform for building legal and compliance automation solutions, and vice president and managing director of Lexis Nexis’ litigation software and services division. Matt has a proven track record and passion for building high-performing technology teams, services and products to meet client needs.
Matt holds a JD from the University of Connecticut School of Law and a bachelor’s degree from Colby College. He has been admitted to the New York and Connecticut bar associations. Matt frequently writes and speaks on trends in legal and compliance technology.
Outside of work, Matt enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, as well as biking, skiing, vinyasa yoga and reading.
Expertise: Artificial Intelligence / IT
Latest from Matt Gillis
- Bimodal IT: Optimizing for Both Predictable and Exploratory Goals
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Managed IT Services Provider
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Law Firm’s Managed IT Services Provider
- The Evolving Role of Law Firm IT: From Infrastructure to Strategic Support
- ACC Survey Finds Data Security is Fastest-Growing Area of Concern for CLOs and Law Firms