Lee serves as a managing director in the Strategic Sourcing + Business Optimization practice within the Advisory business at HBR Consulting (HBR). Lee leads HBR’s Vendor Governance Solutions – the dominant provider of persistent procurement managed solutions for the legal sector. To this role, Lee brings over 25 years of experience in optimizing growth and profits for leading institutions including GE, Honeywell, Cadbury and WPP. Lee has been recognized as a 10 Top Supply Chain Leader, built the world largest B2B eAuction network at GE, and has been an early stage advisor to Coupa.
Prior to joining HBR, Lee has served as Chief Procurement Officer of Cadbury and WPP in North America. Additionally, Lee advised numerous Fortune 1000 companies as a leader within McKinsey’s Purchasing and Supply Management Practice.
Lee holds an MBA with high honors from NYU and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon.
At heart, Lee is a procurement guy with a running problem – having run marathons on 6 of 7 continents and attempting to run a marathon a month in 2021.
Expertise: Procurement + Third-Party Risk Management
Latest from Lee Garbowitz
- 2020 Law Firm Procurement Survey Executive Summary
- 2021 Law Firm Procurement Priorities
- Three Strategies for Law Firms Making the Transition To a Centralized Procurement Model
- Three Law Firm IT Strategies for the New Normal
- A Clear Vendor Governance Strategy Can Help Law Firms Weather an Economic Downturn
- COVID-19 Supply Chain Response Plan for Law Firms
- Vendor Risk Management: Overcoming Internal Roadblocks and Building a Leading Program
- Best Practices in Contract Management
- Suppliers in the Spotlight: A Look at Procurement Priorities for Law Firms in 2019
- A Guide to Developing a Holistic Third-Party Procurement Risk Management Strategy
- Survey: Many Law Firms’ Procurement Organizations Still Crawling Toward Maturity, While Some Have Begun Walking
- Report: 2017 Procurement Roundtable Executive Summary
- At Law Firms, Procurement Seeks to Become Internal Counsel