Bobbi serves as a managing director in the Legal Transformation + Innovation practice within the Advisory Business at HBR Consulting (HBR). Bobbi has 30 years of experience in the legal industry delivering strategic, operations and technology services to Fortune 500 legal departments and law firms. Building on a deep background in the legal profession and strong business acumen, she was instrumental in creating the e-discovery and information governance advisory services practice at a Big Four firm. She is at the forefront of evaluating and applying innovative approaches to the practice of law with a specific emphasis on AI-enabled and transformative technologies. Bobbi has a unique combination of expertise in developing strategies aligned to business objectives, transforming the practice of law, evolving electronic discovery and developing leading practices.
At HBR, she leads a growing team of professionals bringing fresh thinking to a new era of legal business challenges. She assists law firms and law departments by providing strategic and operational guidance to optimize service delivery, strategy + operations and effective selection and application of transformative technologies. Bobbi and her team bring a business-focused discipline to assist with the development of strategic business plans to achieve the desired performance goals with a focus on value and maximizing revenue.
Prior to joining HBR, she was the Director of Consulting and Analytics at RenewData and an Executive Director with Ernst & Young’s Forensic Technology Discovery Services. She holds a B.S. degree from Wayland Baptist University. She is an active member of The Sedona Conference Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production. Bobbi has participated on the drafting teams for the Sedona Conference Commentaries relating to Proportionality, Achieving Quality in the e-Discovery Process, and E-Mail Management. She was awarded the prestigious Consultant of Year Award in 2017 from the International Legal Technology Associations (ILTA).
2017 ILTA Innovative Consultant of the Year
Expertise: Artificial Intelligence / Discovery
Latest from Bobbi Basile:
- More Than a Buzzword: How Law Firms and Law Departments Can Harness Innovation
- 4 Strategies for Taking Greater Control of E-Discovery Spend Through Dashboards
- #SOLID18 East Reveals Legal Innovation Themes and Emerging Best Practices
- Three Steps to Contain e-Discovery Costs in the e-World
- Adopting E-Discovery as a Business Process to Reduce Litigation Costs
- E-Discovery: Meeting Client Demands through Advanced Technology
- Protect Your Company’s Reputation with Technology & Best Practices in Today’s Complex E-Discovery Environment
- A Winning Strategy to Developing a Corporate Legal Hold Playbook
- E-Discovery Operations Trends: Learning to Walk Before You Run
- Ten Take-Aways from Georgetown Law’s Advanced eDiscovery Institute
- 3 Steps to Ensuring Your AI Initiative Does Not Fail