Terry serves as a managing director in the Legal Transformation + Innovation practice within the Advisory business at HBR Consulting (HBR), specializing in advisory services to the world’s largest law firms and corporate law departments. By leveraging an integrated approach to managing the continuum of law firm information, Terry delivers value to clients by reducing expense, mitigating risk and improving legal service delivery. With over 25 years of experience working in information governance and risk management across many industries, Terry is at the forefront of innovative thinking, providing clients with exceptional insight and positive outcomes.
Prior to joining HBR, Terry worked in law firms and service organizations with a focus on information management, technology implementation and business process transformation.
Terry is a founding member of the Law Firm Information Governance Symposium and has been active in a variety of leadership roles for ARMA International, the association for information management professionals.
Terry is an avid traveler and has visited nearly 40 countries around the globe.
Expertise: Conflicts + New Business Intake / Information Governance + Risk / Records
Latest from Terry Coan:
- How Law Firms Can Assess and Adapt to Changing Skill Needs for Information Governance
- Updated Client File Management Practices Give Law Firms The Competitive Edge
- IT Security Isn’t Just a Tech Issue, It’s a Governance Issue
- How the Right Organisation and Technology Can Optimize New Business Intake
- 4 Ways to Improve the Business Intake Process
- Clear These Hurdles and Transform New Business Intake