Lauren serves as a managing director for HBR Consulting with over 15 years of management consulting experience. She leads the Law Department Advisory practice and works with general counsel and law department leadership on strategic, process and operational improvement initiatives. Clients value Lauren’s expertise in assisting law departments to drive transformational efforts that achieve organizational and operational efficiency through the alignment of people, process and technology.
Since its inception, Lauren has been leading the HBR Law Department Survey, a leading source of benchmarking data for law departments. She publishes and speaks regularly to industry groups on law department management best practices and the use of metrics to demonstrate the value of the legal function.
Prior to joining HBR, Lauren was a management consultant in corporate strategy at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Outside of work, Lauren and her husband are proud parents of four children. She is also actively involved in community initiatives focused on helping children and youth.
Expertise: Benchmarking / Law Department Operations
Latest from Lauren Chung
- As Law Departments Push to Contain Costs, the Voice of the Client Should be Influencing Law Firms
- Resource Alignment is a Big Law Department Challenge
- What Should New CLOs Be Doing In Their New Gig?
- Survey: Law Departments’ Legal Spend Stabilizing
- Grading Legal on Operational Excellence
- Survey: How Law Departments Are Working Smarter
- Law Department Spend Tilting In-House
- Secrets To In-House Cost Control
- Becoming the Ultimate Wingman: Aligning Your Law Department with the Corporate Mission (Part 3)
- Know How You Compare: The Importance of Law Department Benchmarks